賽馬會藝壇新勢力 — 禾．日．水．巷 （重演）- 張駿豪爵士樂四重奏 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power — Hong Kong Episodes (Re-run) – Teriver Jazz Quartet
Hong Kong Episodes (Re-run) – Teriver Jazz Quartet
Accompanied by sensational rhythm section featuring drummer Mark Ferber and bassist Sam Minaie from New York, Teriver with acclaimed pianist Chok Kerong will give unique interpretations of original compositions from Hong Kong Episodes. A 45-minute set includes also standards and latest originals by Teriver and Kerong which is a rare opportunity to experience such jazzy groove.
Artists: Teriver Cheung, Chok Kerong, Mark Ferber, Sam Minaie
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 6 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the adverse weather arrangements below.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- Please note that the programmes will be around 60 minutes long.
- Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- The venues in which the programmes take place are not entirely barrier-free environments. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- Amber Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 1 / 3:
Programmes may continue or be suspended depending on the actual conditions at the venue.
- Red / Black Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 8 or above:
If the warning / signal is issued / hoisted at 8am on the day of the programme, all programmes on that day will be cancelled.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to cancel the programmes under other inclement weather conditions. Stay tuned to the updates on our Facebook page newartspower and website http://www.newartspower.hk
About Jockey Club New Arts Power
Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) cherishes the unique beauty of local arts and is devoted to the cultivation of creative talents. In recent years, HKADC has taken an active role in introducing outstanding local artists to the global art scene. With their diversified media and styles, the artists’ works shone at overseas arts festivals.
Funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, these critically acclaimed works are returning to their birthplace, where they will be presented to the local audience at the second JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power. The upcoming arts festival consists of 10 programmes, including music, theatre, xiqu, multimedia arts and contemporary dance. The artists, born and raised in Hong Kong, see their works as a means to communicate and correspond with their hometown.
Apart from the original shows, the art groups in collaboration with the social welfare, academic and commercial sectors, will also put together over 150 community and school programmes, spreading the joy of art to people from different communities, and allowing art and life to enrich one another.
Returning from their overseas tours, 12 local creative units will take turns to present their best works from September 2018 to January 2019. Engage in your artistic moments by joining the Festival, and indulge in this extraordinary cityscape!
About Hong Kong Episodes
Explore the unique charm of Hong Kong on a cinematic musical journey filled with intrigue! Eight musical sections developed through four facets of Hong Kong during the course of a virtual day：its cosmopolitan cityscape; fast-paced lifestyle; avenues for spiritual retreat; and colourful heritage and culture. Savour the changing sensibilities of the city in the ambience of video and instrumental music.
Born in Hong Kong and studied music in New York, Teriver Cheung is a jazz guitarist. He studied at the University of North Texas with a scholarship and received Bachelors of Jazz Studies. Cheung released his first solo album My Nocturne in 2012, receiving wide acclaim. In 2009, Cheung relocated to New York and has since played an active role in the jazz scene and collaborated with numerous famous musicians. In 2015, he returned to Hong Kong. In 2016, he performed with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and the Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra. He is currently a guest lecturer for the Education University of Hong Kong.
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket on the event day.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »