「賽馬會藝壇新勢力」— 歌劇探索工作坊 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power — Acting Fun: Opera Discovery Workshop
(Free workshop, refundable deposit is required for registration)
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power — Acting Fun: Opera Discovery Workshop
Bel Canto Singers’ professional opera instructors have carefully selected two famous chorus scenes from the operas Carmen and Die lustige Witwe for an opera training experience, where participants will be immersed in a crash course to have a taste of opera singing, acting and dancing. With makeup and costume, it is high time to be in an opera! Join in the fun and embark on an adventure in opera performance!
The workshop will be conducted in Cantonese and English.
Everyone aged 18 or above and interested in opera singing is welcome.
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
About Participating Arts Group
About Bel Canto Singers
Bel Canto Singers was founded by a group of vocal music graduates from the Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts in 1997. Led by tenor David Quah, Bel Canto Singers is committed to introducing a wide range of vocal music to the local and international audiences, from Baroque to contemporary and classical to jazz, blending eastern and western influences. Bel Canto Singers collaborates with local composers in numerous operas, musicals, recordings, overseas tours and productions. Aspiring to amplifying the voices of Hong Kong, Bel Canto Singers continues to educate local young musicians. Signature works include the original musicals The Happy Prince & The Other Wise Man and Esther, as well as the pop opera When Mozart Meets Da Ponte.
About When Mozart Meets Da Ponte
A fusion of classical and pop music, where humour takes the front seat
Legendary composer Mozart and librettist Da Ponte were the most famous duo in the history of classical opera. Their collaboration had resulted in three extraordinary masterpieces – Così fan tutte, Le nozze di Figaro and Don Giovanni – that form the backbone of standard Italian opera repertoire and are still enjoyed by many up to this day.
Bel Canto Singers’ Music Director David Quah takes the baton and rearranges songs from these three operas to different styles including pop, rock, jazz, a cappella and even beatbox. The show cleverly brings to life beloved characters from the three operas, as well as Mozart and Da Ponte themselves, in a modern day farce to hysterical effect, creating a humourous and relaxed atmosphere for our audience. The cast is here to entertain with their tremendous talents, allowing an audience of all ages to spend a fun-filled night of glee and laughter.
About JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power, launched in 2017, is an annual Arts Festival presented by the Hong Kong Arts Development Council with the funding support from The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. The Festival brings together established and emerging local artists to produce creative, approachable and engaging arts experiences for all. Over the past three years, 38 arts groups have participated in the Festival. Together they produced 72 live performances and a remarkable number of major exhibitions. Uniting art groups and various organisations from the social welfare, academic and commercial sectors, the festival held over 450 community and school events, reaching some 380,000 participants. JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power 2020 / 2021 is held from September 2020 to January 2021, featuring a total of 9 selected programmes that include dance, theatre, music, Xiqu, multimedia and visual arts exhibition, as well as presenting more than 100 community and school activities.
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This is a free performance with limited seats. HK$150 deposit is needed for each participant and will ONLY be fully refunded by PUTYOURSELF.in in approximately 21 working days after attending the workshop. Please note that deposit will not be refundable if no show under any circumstances.
- This workshop is suitable for aged 18 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the workshop. If more than two places are reserved under the same participant, the former reservation will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled without further notice.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 5 working days before the workshop date. Please note that deposit will not be refundable if no show under any circumstances.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The workshops will stop when typhoon is in force or due to adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the official website for updated arrangement.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- All participants must wear masks throughout the event.
- All participants are required to fill in the “Health Declaration Form” and return to the on-site staff during the registration.
- Temperature checking for each participants will be conducted upon entering the workshop venues. Access will be denied if participants have fever (body temperature reading is 37.5℃ or above) or upper respiratory symptoms.
- Anyone who are wearing “home quarantine tracking wristband” will be prohibited from participating in the activity.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at reception.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- Please note that the workshop will be approximately 2.5 hours.
- This workshop will be conducted in Cantonese and English.
- Please note that no parking services will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the workshop.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the workshop. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the workshop.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the workshop (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the workshop may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council (HKADC) reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the workshops at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above is hoisted or announcement is made by the Hong Kong Observatory that Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is to be hoisted three hours before the activity is scheduled to start, the activity will be cancelled. All activities scheduled for that day, including those due to take place after the signal has been lowered, will be cancelled.
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 is issued during the activities, indoor activities will continue and outdoor activities will be suspended.
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during the activity, all activities will be suspended.
- Depending on the actual conditions, HKADC will decide if the activity continues and HKADC reserves the right to cancel all activities under inclement weather conditions.
- HKADC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the programmes without prior notice. Please stay tuned for any updates on JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Powerwebsite and Facebook page @newartspower.
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket before the programme starts.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »