「賽馬會藝壇新勢力」 | 藝術行 ╳ 南豐紗廠：我們之間系列 — 《我們的媽她們的媽》黃俊達 X 綠葉劇團 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power| Art Walk X The Mills “Threading Through Time” Series — Nos mères Leurs mères: Ata Wong Chun-tat X Théâtre de la Feuille
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | ArtWalk X The Mills
“Threading Through Time” Series — Nos mères Leurs mères:
Ata Wong Chun-tat X Théâtre de la Feuille
In those early days, mother worked hard with others as factory girls to make a living. Against the backdrop of a buzzing and bustling hum, everyone’s life there were turned around by the spinning thread pool. Spending days and nights on the stepping of treadle with the feeding of fabric scraps under the presser foot. Yarns winding and unwinding, spinning the lives of fellow folks……
Very much in the style of their previous work Fe + C… ➡Steel?, Théâtre de la Feuille launches a new production again with the all-female cast. The combination of physical performance and fashion show aims at not only amusing you with compelling visual narratives, but also unleashing the power and the storytelling secrets going on within the women’s bodies.
***This is a non-verbal performance without seating***
About Participating Artists
Ata Wong Chun-tat
An independent artist. Retold stories through the arts of bodies.
Hong Kong director, choreographer, actor, movement coach and instructor. Wong formed Théâtre de la Feuille in 2010. He was awarded Young Artist (Drama) of Hong Kong Arts Development Awards 2017. In 2018, he completed his studies at Jacques Lecoq International School of Theatre for the third year of the teaching course. He is the first Hong Kong performer awarded with the professional license for teaching at this school.
Wong has been working with different institutions and creative practitioners including Johnnie To the film director, Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts, Hong Kong Arts Festival, City Contemporary Dance Company, Tang Shu Wing Theatre Studio, International Theatre Festival (Croatia), Festival d’Avignon (France), Edinburgh Festival Fringe (UK), etc.
Théâtre de la Feuille
Founded in 2010 by Ata Wong Chun-tat in Paris, Théâtre de la Feuille is a physical theatre group deeply influenced by the western methodology of Jacques Lecoq and interweaved with Eastern artistic traditions.
Théâtre de la Feuille is now based in Hong Kong and eager to perform overseas for more touring experiences. Its productions have staged in the Great China region, France, Italy, Croatia, Japan and Korea.
With a group of twenty creative actors from a plethora of different cultures and backgrounds, Théâtre de la Feuille provides them with custom-made trainings of Jacques Lecoq and traditional Chinese martial arts, nurturing them to become a strong and unique ensemble of Hong Kong.
Concept and Director:
Ata Wong Chun-tat
Lei Yuen Hung
Summer Tai Tin Ching
Yau Hoi Chung
Natalie Lau Tsz Ching
About Art Walk X The Mills “Threading Through Time” Series
We thread our way through each other day-after-day, expecting that we are so similar – yet so different.
Moving within the complex web of different people and architecture across the city, this is where the relationships of time, place and people weave in and out like yarn threading through us.
Concluding the Jockey Club New Arts Power (JCNAP) with this grand finale event, Threading Through Time engages literature, theatre, installation arts and more in a collaborative, cross-medium arts project. Leveraging on the creative framework derived from The Memory of Herbs, a prose fiction by local writer Chan Wai-yee (Chan Wai), it weaves in five unique art groups formed by the JCNAP artists and other performing groups: Lam Fung X Kay Chan, Ivanhoe Lam, Hugh Cho X TS Crew, Ata Wong X Théâtre de la Feuille, Olivia Yan X O Theatre Workshop. They explore the very fabric of our lives and see the threads of times unfold. From the textile industry, community and livelihood, to the entire city at different ages of development, the artists draw out the muse within and knit into their imagination.
A 3-part interactive installation will take place alongside with 4 spectacular performances at various sites of The Mills, running from 10 to 19 January 2020. Come explore and be enchanted by the muse encapsulated in this artistic and delicate fabric of memory, threading through times and distance between the past and present, reality and imagination.
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 12 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the official website for updated arrangement.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- Duration of the performance is around 45mins, with no intermission.
- Language is not a barrier in this programme.
- Note for people with difficulties walking: Some of the programmes provide NO seatings. Audiences may be required to move around during the event, and are thus advised to consider their physical condition before making reservation.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above is hoisted or announcement is made by the Hong Kong Observatory that Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is to be hoisted three hours before the activity is scheduled to start, the activity will be cancelled. All activities scheduled for that day, including those due to take place after the signal has been lowered, will be cancelled.
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 is issued during the activities, indoor activities will continue and outdoor activities will be suspended.
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during the activity, all activities will be suspended.
- Depending on the actual conditions, HKADC will decide if the activity continues and HKADC reserves the right to cancel all activities under inclement weather conditions.
- HKADC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the programmes without prior notice. Please stay tuned for any updates on JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Powerwebsite and Facebook page @newartspower.
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket before the programme starts.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »