「賽馬會藝壇新勢力」 | 藝術行 ╳ 南豐紗廠：「我們之間」系列 — 「工廠式」音樂劇場《香草織》甄詠蓓戲劇工作室 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power| Art Walk X The Mills “Threading Through Time” — A Factory Cabaret – The Memory of Herbs: O Theatre Workshop
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | ArtWalk X The Mills
“Threading Through Time” Series — A Factory Cabaret – The Memory of Herbs:
O Theatre Workshop
Adapted from the prose fiction of the same title by Chan Wai, the factory-style cabaret The Memory of Herbs unfolds the struggle of a common factory girl in the midst of change. The blooms and glooms and the ups and downs of her life story mirrors the evolution of Tsuen Wan as a small down steered by Hong Kong’s fast economic development.
This cabaret is conceived and curated by the renowned stage director Olivia Yan, together with music composers and live singers Veronica Lee and Lily Hong from girl group Arm Charm, visual designer and stylist Kay Wong from Fashion Clinic, as well as singer/song-writer Olga Chung and actor Fung Chi Yau. The team has transformed The Mills into a music stage for a retro-yet-original cabaret show to celebrate the legends of Hong Kong.
***This programme is conducted in Cantonese and audience will seat on the staircase***
About Participating Artist
O Theatre Workshop
It established in 2010, is based in Hong Kong with worldwide vision. Its creator is the versatile theatre extraordinaire Olivia Yan, who is a leading dramaturg, director, actress and educator all in one. She has a multi-faceted personality, can be at times powerful like fire and others gentle like water, she has a keen eye for aesthetics and a sharp sensitivity for life. Her works are wittily poetic, rooted in love and concern and always reaching out to touch people’s soul.
“O” is exclamation, is surprise, like life, like theatre, and represents Olivia’s artistic pursuit. “O” is a circle, like the infinite extension of the universe, symbolizing the impact of theatre. “O” is like the full moon, representing union, signifying Olivia’s desire to connect souls with love and concern.
Creation & Production:
O Theatre Workshop
Curator & Producer:
Deputy Director & performer:
Fung Chi Yau
Creator & performer:
Arm Charm (Veronica Lee, Lily Hong)
Music: Veronica Lee, Lily Hong, Olga Chung
Lyrics: Olga Chung, Gigi Cheung, Ztephen Lee
Musician: Herman K
About Art Walk X The Mills “Threading Through Time” Series
We thread our way through each other day-after-day, expecting that we are so similar – yet so different.
Moving within the complex web of different people and architecture across the city, this is where the relationships of time, place and people weave in and out like yarn threading through us.
Concluding the Jockey Club New Arts Power (JCNAP) with this grand finale event, Threading Through Time engages literature, theatre, installation arts and more in a collaborative, cross-medium arts project. Leveraging on the creative framework derived from The Memory of Herbs, a prose fiction by local writer Chan Wai-yee (Chan Wai), it weaves in five unique art groups formed by the JCNAP artists and other performing groups: Lam Fung X Kay Chan, Ivanhoe Lam, Hugh Cho X TS Crew, Ata Wong X Théâtre de la Feuille, Olivia Yan X O Theatre Workshop. They explore the very fabric of our lives and see the threads of times unfold. From the textile industry, community and livelihood, to the entire city at different ages of development, the artists draw out the muse within and knit into their imagination.
A 3-part interactive installation will take place alongside with 4 spectacular performances at various sites of The Mills, running from 10 to 19 January 2020. Come explore and be enchanted by the muse encapsulated in this artistic and delicate fabric of memory, threading through times and distance between the past and present, reality and imagination.
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 12 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (email@example.com ) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the official website for updated arrangement.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- Duration of the performance is around 1 hour, with no intermission.
- This programme will be conducted in Cantonese.
- Note for people with difficulties walking: Some of the programmes provide NO seatings. Audiences may be required to move around during the event, and are thus advised to consider their physical condition before making reservation.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 or above is hoisted or announcement is made by the Hong Kong Observatory that Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is to be hoisted three hours before the activity is scheduled to start, the activity will be cancelled. All activities scheduled for that day, including those due to take place after the signal has been lowered, will be cancelled.
- If Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 3 is issued during the activities, indoor activities will continue and outdoor activities will be suspended.
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted during the activity, all activities will be suspended.
- Depending on the actual conditions, HKADC will decide if the activity continues and HKADC reserves the right to cancel all activities under inclement weather conditions.
- HKADC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the programmes without prior notice. Please stay tuned for any updates on JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Powerwebsite and Facebook page @newartspower.
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket before the programme starts.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »