賽馬會藝壇新勢力 | 「風平草動」系列《 浩浩傳奇》楊浩 ╳ 胡境陽 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | “Wild is the Grass” Series — Legend of Hao Hao: Yang Hao ╳ Wu King-yeung
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | Wild is the Grass — Legend of Hao Hao by Yang Hao ╳ Wu King-yeung
Artists: Yang Hao, Wu King-yeung
Before, it was Stephen Chow’s Shaolin Soccer.
Today, it’s Yang Hao and his contemporary dance-up comedy!
Yang Hao and Alice Rensy blazed a new trail in 2018, fusing stand-up comedy with contemporary dance theatre to create a new breed of theatre— dance-up comedy!
Legend of Hao Hao combines Yang Hao’s critique of his own identity as an artist and sudden inspirations that come of boredom life. In a collaboration with a carefree theatre playwright – Wu King-yeung, a new character full of Quixotic pathos is born: Hao Hao.
Hao Hao finds himself in the tide of history, caught in the midst of clashing Eastern and Western cultures. His soul is torn apart by artistic ideals and the reality of a low-income life, and with nothing left to lose, he takes a risk and attempts to duct-tape his split selves back together. In a fusion of dance and laughs, he rebels against the common crowd, and lets loose his truest ideals!
*Comes with supplementary short videos. It’s the height of comedy, so don’t you dare sue us if it’s not funny!
A dedicated artist kickstarted an endless journey with dancing.
Born in Chongqing, China and now based in Hong Kong, Yang studied dancing at the Arts School under the Chinese National Song and Dance Troupe. After graduation, he joined several dance companies such as Chinese National Opera and Dance Troupe, Guangzhou Singing & Dancing Trope and Guangdong Modern Dance Company. In 2007, Yang received a full scholarship to study at Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts and joined Hong Kong City Contemporary Dance Company as a dancer from 2009 to 2012.
Yang has received several funding and scholarships to participate in different festivals overseas, including Seoul International Dance Festival 2013, M1 CONTACT Contemporary Dance Festival in Singapore, d’MOTION International Dance Festival in Malaysia, ImPulsTranz Vienna International Dance Festival. He also received the support from HKETONY Arts Fellows of the Yale-China Arts Fellowship to join the residency program at Yale University in Connecticut. Yang was commissioned to show his work, Outspoken and Pied A Terre at Hong Kong Arts Festival. His works have also staged at the Festival of Arts and Ideas in New Haven, USA and the Internationale Tanzmesse NRW in Germany. Commissioned by A4 Art Museum in Chengdu, he has collaborated with Alice Rensy for the piece, variations on lights and people with the support from Hong Kong Arts Development Council.
Yang has been researching on a new form of performance to strive for a breakthrough in his creation by intertwining contemporary dance and stand-up comedy in recent years. He is currently the artist in residence at Hong Kong University Black Box.
A Hong Kong playwright.
Wu graduated from School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University. His works, A Hong Kong Shopping Mall Odyssey: Searching for the Happy Man and Reflector: OS1 were nominated for the Best Script at The Hong Kong Theatre Libre in 2011 and 2017 respectively. And, The Phenomenon of Man: REVOLVER (2017) was awarded Script of the Year/ Screenwriter Award in 2017 by The International Association of Theatre Critics (Hong Kong) and Best Script at The Hong Kong Theatre Libre 2018.
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 12 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If there are more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (email@example.com) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the adverse weather arrangements below.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- The programme is approximately 45 minutes without intermission.
- Performed in Cantonese and English, with NO surtitles.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- Note for people with difficulties walking stairs: The venue is a heritage site, with some locations accessible by stairs only. Some of the programmes provide NO seatings. Audiences may be required to move around during the event, and are thus advised to consider their physical condition before making reservation.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- Amber Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 1 / 3:
Programmes may continue or be suspended depending on the actual conditions at the venue.
- Red / Black Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 8 or above:
If the warning / signal is issued / hoisted at 8am on the day of the programme, all programmes on that day will be cancelled.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to cancel the programmes under other inclement weather conditions. Stay tuned to the updates on our Facebook page newartspower and website http://www.newartspower.hk
About Art Walk X Heritage
Free Spirits Wander Around the Site of Tai Kwun
After receiving wide acclaim in 2017, we bring in the new edition of Swim Walking in collaboration with orleanlaiproject, together with four groups of local artists from the JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power. This brand new artistic journey will take place in “Tai Kwun”, one of the most important historical heritage projects in Hong Kong. In this architectural complex consisting the former Central Police Station, Central Magistracy and Victoria Prison, the audience will immerse into history and culture, when creativity creeps through the age-old walls, responding to the wandering free spirits through sound, dance, theatre, video and literature, to bring in a breath of free air.
Participating artists Yang Hao, Ivanhoe Lam, Jabin Law and Théâtre de la Feuille will take inspiration from the historical background and unique space of Tai Kwun to contemplate on the subtle line between surviving and living, after which they will produce a four-day cross-media live performances.
Choreography & Performance:
Special Appearance in video:
Jonathan G Spigner
Andreas Guzman (US)
Christopher Ross Ewart (Canada)
Assistant Stage Manager:
Key Art Photographer:
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Curated & Produced by
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket on the event day.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »