賽馬會藝壇新勢力 | 「風平草動」系列《報告 1》林俊浩 ╳ 李穎蕾 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | “Wild is the Grass” Series — Report i – Which I am I: Ivanhoe Lam ╳ Santayana Li
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | Wild is the Grass — Report i – Which I am I by Ivanhoe Lam ╳ Santayana Li
Artists: Ivanhoe Lam, Santayana Li
A report on one side of me
Am I the I you decide I will be?
A Movement Theatre Piece inspired by F. Kafka’s A Report to an Academy
in dialogue with the Prison Yard in Tai Kwun.
This is the place where the new ones are nurtured to run the world.
When a non-human transforms into a human,
Something like language starts to flash across the animal’s mind:
“My eyes follow your eyes follow me
Is it the only side you can see?
Am I the I you decide
Or the side I conceal?
Rules dividing right from wrong
Could I perform myself as I want?”
32 years old. Choreographer / Movement Director. He sets the darkness dancing out under the beam of the spotlight.
Received a Diploma in Drama and Dance (Contemporary Dance) from Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts, Lam then obtained a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, majoring in Choreography from Codarts, Rotterdam.
Lam’s works have toured to Shanghai, Dusseldorf, Zurich, Guangzhou, Beijing, Rotterdam, The Hague, Utrecht and Amsterdam. His recent works include Pretext Quartet – New Vision Festival 2016 ArtSnap, ODDs (2015), Pretext (Trio version) in New Dance Platform: New Dance from Beijing, HK & Taipei of i-Dance Festival 2014, Even • Odd commissioned by the 42nd Hong Kong Arts Festival’s Hong Kong Jockey Club Contemporary Dance Series, 27 commissioned by Leisure and Cultural Services Department and more.
In Spring 2015, invited by Connecting Spaces, he curated and created a multidisciplinary performance, Odd Couplings with ten Swiss artists during his three-month artist-in-residence at Zürcher Hochschule der Künste (ZHdK) in Zurich.
He also does staging direction and movement design for different productions like Why We Chat by Edward Lam Dance Theatre, Karma Chameleon by Prudence Liew, Girls in Tears & The Girl’s Prayer by Chan Fai-young x Women’s Choir, Sing While You Can by Yat Po Singers, 1894 Hong Kong Plague – a musical by Hong Kong Repertory Theatre, etc.
Hong Kong actress and playwright, depicting the intrinsicality of human which cannot be told.
Hong Kong actress and playwright. Last year Li collaborated with Theatre du Poulet to tour The Extinction of Hong Kongers throughout the east Canada, which has received the Emerging Artist Award from SummerWorks Performance Festival 2018 in Toronto. Li’s first written play, Journey to Home, was chosen and premiered in the 40th Hong Kong Arts Festival and credited as “the most memorable local new original script 2012” by South China Morning Post.
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 12 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If there are more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (email@example.com) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the adverse weather arrangements below.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- The programme is approximately 45 minutes without intermission.
- Performed in Cantonese and English, with English surtitles.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- Note for people with difficulties walking stairs: The venue is a heritage site, with some locations accessible by stairs only. Some of the programmes provide NO seatings. Audiences may be required to move around during the event, and are thus advised to consider their physical condition before making reservation.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- Amber Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 1 / 3:
Programmes may continue or be suspended depending on the actual conditions at the venue.
- Red / Black Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 8 or above:
If the warning / signal is issued / hoisted at 8am on the day of the programme, all programmes on that day will be cancelled.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to cancel the programmes under other inclement weather conditions. Stay tuned to the updates on our Facebook page newartspower and website http://www.newartspower.hk
About Art Walk X Heritage
Free Spirits Wander Around the Site of Tai Kwun
After receiving wide acclaim in 2017, we bring in the new edition of Swim Walking in collaboration with orleanlaiproject, together with four groups of local artists from the JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power. This brand new artistic journey will take place in “Tai Kwun”, one of the most important historical heritage projects in Hong Kong. In this architectural complex consisting the former Central Police Station, Central Magistracy and Victoria Prison, the audience will immerse into history and culture, when creativity creeps through the age-old walls, responding to the wandering free spirits through sound, dance, theatre, video and literature, to bring in a breath of free air.
Participating artists Yang Hao, Ivanhoe Lam, Jabin Law and Théâtre de la Feuille will take inspiration from the historical background and unique space of Tai Kwun to contemplate on the subtle line between surviving and living, after which they will produce a four-day cross-media live performances.
Concept / Director:
Santayana Li、Kent Foran
Composer / Performer:
Creator / Performer:
CCDC Dance Centre
Key Art Photographer:
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Curated & Produced by
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket on the event day.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »