賽馬會藝壇新勢力 | 「風平草動」系列《恨鐵不成鋼》黃俊達與綠葉劇團 JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | “Wild is the Grass” Series — Fe + C… ➡ Steel?: Ata Wong Chun-tat & Theâtre de la Feuille
JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power | ArtWalk x Heritage Series: Wild is the Grass — Fe + C… ➡ Steel? by Ata Wong Chun-tat & Theâtre de la Feuille
Artists: Ata Wong Chun-tat, Théâtre de la Feuille
Steel is a composite of iron and other elements such as carbon; an alloy.
Acclaimed for high density and anti-corrosion power, steel surpasses iron,
And out-performs pure iron.
But if carbon or other substances are missing during the conversion process,
It ends in rust.
Which is, a piece of scrap.
Obviously lack of value, scrap iron can only be dumped or recycled.
No one wants a dysfunctional metal.
We all fear to have a life like that.
Therefore, those who want to survive in the opposite, must be absolutely determined to get through the way just like the making of steel,
Beating each game.
How many of them do voluntarily undergo the harsh refinement,
And how many of them can eventually succeed to be steel?
Teaming an all-female casts of a dozen members using body and vocal work, Théâtre de la Feuille is going to fuel up Tai Kwun with a larger-than-steel energy.
Ata Wong Chun-tat
An independent artist. Retold stories through the arts of bodies.
Hong Kong director, choreographer, actor, movement coach and instructor. Wong formed Theâtre de la Feuille in 2010. He was awarded Young Artist (Drama) of Hong Kong Arts Development Awards 2017. In 2018, he completed his studies at Jacques Lecoq International School of Theatre for the third year of the teaching course. He is the first Hong Kong performer awarded with the professional license for teaching at this school.
Wong has been working with different institutions and creative practitioners including Johnnie To the film director, Hong Kong Academy of Performing Arts, Hong Kong Arts Festival, City Contemporary Dance Company, Tang Shu Wing Theatre Studio, International Theatre Festival (Croatia), Festival d’Avignon (France), Edinburgh Festival Fringe (UK), etc.
Theâtre de la Feuille
Founded in 2010 by Ata Wong Chun-tat in Paris, Theâtre de la Feuille is a physical theatre group deeply influenced by the western methodology of Jacques Lecoq and interweaved with Eastern artistic traditions.
Theâtre de la Feuille is now based in Hong Kong and eager to perform overseas for more touring experiences. Its productions have staged in the Great China region, France, Italy, Croatia, Japan and Korea.
With a group of twenty creative actors from a plethora of different cultures and backgrounds, Theâtre de la Feuille provides them with custom-made trainings of Jacques Lecoq and traditional Chinese martial arts, nurturing them to become a strong and unique ensemble of Hong Kong.
Notes on Registration
- Please read through the Notes on Registration, Notes on Participation and Adverse Weather Arrangements before registering.
- This programme is suitable for aged 12 or above only.
- Each person can register for a maximum of two places for the programme (whether in same or different timeslots). If there are more than two places reserved under the same participant, the former slot will be counted, while the latter one will be cancelled.
- Confirmation will be sent to you automatically by e-mail. Please make sure the e-mail address you provide is valid and check the junk mailbox if necessary. Please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation email after registration.
- Please notify us by e-mail (email@example.com) if you would like to withdraw or make changes to your confirmed registration at least 1 working day before the programme date.
- Reservation will be cancelled once you are late.
- The programme may be suspended or cancelled due to typhoon or adverse weather conditions. All the reserved slots will be cancelled during that period of time. Presenter/organiser will NOT provide substitute slots for those people reserved at the period of adverse weather. The affected participants can make new reservation at the online platform again upon availability.
- In case of adverse weather, please refer to the adverse weather arrangements below.
- In accordance with Section 18, 22 and Principle 6 of Schedule 1 to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and request correction of personal data. The personal data you provide by means of this registration will be kept as records of this project only.
Notes on Participation
- The gathering place of the programme is No.16 Old Bailey Street(Junction of Hollywood Road & Old Bailey Street). Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the starting time, and bring along the confirmation e-mail for registration at the gathering place.
- The programme is approximately 45 minutes without intermission.
- Language is not a barrier in this programme.
- Please note that no parking space will be provided at the venue.
- As no baggage storage service will be provided at the venue, please refrain from carrying any bulky items with you during the programme.
- Note for people with difficulties walking stairs: The venue is a heritage site, with some locations accessible by stairs only. Some of the programmes provide NO seatings. Audiences may be required to move around during the event, and are thus advised to consider their physical condition before making reservation.
- Participants may be captured in photos or video-recordings during the programme. The materials may be saved and uploaded to the organiser(s)’ and the artist(s)’ websites, social media platforms, publications and/or publicity materials. All photos and videos will be used for promotion and educational purposes only.
- Please follow the instructions of our staff during the programme.
- For participants’ safety, if any emergency situations happen during the programme (e.g. adverse weathers, accidents or disturbances), the programme may be suspended or cancelled immediately depending on the actual conditions. If there are any emergencies or if you feel unwell, please seek assistance from our on-site staff immediately.
- Please understand that your participation is done at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you shall assume all risk or injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge the organiser(s) from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with your participation, whether arising out of the organiser(s)’ negligence or otherwise.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to decide and alter the operation of the programmes at its own discretion. We shall inform you of any changes or cancellations to any confirmed registration.
Adverse Weather Arrangements
- Amber Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 1 / 3:
Programmes may continue or be suspended depending on the actual conditions at the venue.
- Red / Black Rainstorm Warning and/or Typhoon Signal no. 8 or above:
If the warning / signal is issued / hoisted at 8am on the day of the programme, all programmes on that day will be cancelled.
- Hong Kong Arts Development Council reserves the right to cancel the programmes under other inclement weather conditions. Stay tuned to the updates on our Facebook page newartspower and website http://www.newartspower.hk
About Art Walk X Heritage
Free Spirits Wander Around the Site of Tai Kwun
After receiving wide acclaim in 2017, we bring in the new edition of Swim Walking in collaboration with orleanlaiproject, together with four groups of local artists from the JOCKEY CLUB New Arts Power. This brand new artistic journey will take place in “Tai Kwun”, one of the most important historical heritage projects in Hong Kong. In this architectural complex consisting the former Central Police Station, Central Magistracy and Victoria Prison, the audience will immerse into history and culture, when creativity creeps through the age-old walls, responding to the wandering free spirits through sound, dance, theatre, video and literature, to bring in a breath of free air.
Participating artists Yang Hao, Ivanhoe Lam, Jabin Law and Théâtre de la Feuille will take inspiration from the historical background and unique space of Tai Kwun to contemplate on the subtle line between surviving and living, after which they will produce a four-day cross-media live performances.
Concept / Director:
Ata Wong Chun-tat
Composer & performer:
Key Art Photographer:
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust
Curated & Produced by
Hong Kong Arts Development Council
10/F, 1063 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
If your booking was successful, PUTYOURSELF.in will send you the e-Ticket with QR code by email, you can also save your e-Ticket from the page Booking Records. Please present the QR code shown on the PUTYOURSELF.in e-Ticket on the event day.
香港藝術發展局 Hong Kong Arts Development Council
藝發局於1995年成立，是政府指定全方位發展香港藝術的法定機構。藝發局的角色包括資助、政策及策劃、倡議、推廣及發展、策劃活動等。 藝發局的使命為策劃、推廣及支持包括文學、表演、視覺藝術、電影及媒體藝術之發展，促進和改善藝術的參與和教育、鼓勵藝術評論、提升藝術行政之水平及加強政策研究工作，務求藉藝術發展提高社會的生活質素。 為可達至推動藝團發展、提升藝術水平、開拓藝術家的發展空間之三大 ... »