- 扶植具潛質的藝術家/ 藝團，培育卓越發展
Established in 1995, HKADC is a statutory body set up by the Government to support the broad development of the arts in Hong Kong. Its major roles include grant allocation, policy and planning, advocacy, promotion and development, and programme planning.
The mission of HKADC is to plan, promote and support the broad development of the arts including literary arts, performing arts, visual arts as well as film and media arts in Hong Kong. Aiming to foster a thriving arts environment and enhancing the quality of life of the public, HKADC is also committed to facilitating community-wide participation in the arts and arts education, encouraging arts criticism, raising the standard of arts administration and strengthening the work on policy research.
To achieve the three major goals of fostering the development of arts groups, raising the level of artistic standards and exploring development opportunities for artists, the following development strategies will be formulated:
- Supporting promising artists and arts groups for artistic pursuits
- Promoting arts administration to improve the management of arts groups
- Focusing on the arts environment and proposing policy recommendations
- Enhancing public participation and exploring arts space
- Fostering strategic partnerships and bringing arts resources together